Welcome to the First Salon in Scottsdale.
The salon has become almost a work of art and a test of stamina. Almost a year ago we started believing in the idea as we settled in a new house. We were lucky, very lucky indeed, to discover Andrea Clearfield in Philadelphia and to have her become a mentor for the salon. Andrea Clearfield is an accomplished musician, opera composer, performer, and is recognized for running one of the most celebrated salons for over 25 years.
“I believe that the world connects through the global language of art. The Salon is a celebration of the human spirit and how we all can create nourishing, vital and personal connection by sharing that artistic spirit in community.” – Andrea Clearfield
The Salon at the Garden is a space for friends to enjoy the arts, share with the artists, build community, and for a few hours be part of an amazing creative experience. We open our house in the spirit of pure friendship and to make a very small contribution to the nurturing of talented individuals. Here is a sample of the experience we hope to replicate in Scottsdale.
The Salon at the Garden will be on Sunday, March 16, at 7:30 pm. Attendance is by invitation. Use the Contact Us form to have your name added to the mailing list.
Andrea has helped start similar musical salons everywhere in the United States, but this will be the first in Arizona. These are some items that will help shape a fabulous experience here:
- Attendance is by invitation only. Invitations will need to be RSVP or tickets purchased to guarantee a seat.
- In order to enter your name in the database we would like to chat with you. The ‘Contact Us’ form will do the trick. We just want to make sure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience.
- If your name is in the database you will automatically invited for new Salon events.
- There will be a $20 donation per person. The proceeds will go entirely to the performers.
- If your budget does not have enough breathing room, we can take two volunteers to help with the set up and clean up afterwards. Drop us a note.
- There will be one 20-minutes break during the performance. There will be wine and various finger foods, light fare in general during the break. The break will be an opportunity to mingle with others and the performers.
- If you are one of those gifted people who love to cook, please bring a plate to share. We will provide the wine and sodas.
- The Salon is for Adults and Young Adults only. Please no children or pets. We can’t accommodate them.
- The maximum our place can accommodate is 40 people. The first 40 to purchase tickets or RSVP are the first served.
Welcome to the Salon at the (Zen) Garden. Arrive a little early, find a good spot, and enjoy our first magical night.
Alda and John Zerio